So I was searching online for possible dinner ideas. I knew I had lasagna noodles and that was a great contender but I was not feeling the regular old red sauce. Then I came across chicken Alfredo lasagna and I was set. The favorite in this house is Alfredo sauce, so I knew it would be a hit. Please note that this batch was tiny and I did not have a lot of Alfredo sauce so my recipe probably could’ve used more sauce. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please like and leave a comment below if you loved it!
½ cup Alfredo you can use 1 cup to 1½ cup
1 chicken breast
15 oz low fat ricotta
Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles (Used 6 all together)
2 cup bag of shredded Mozzarella
1 Tbsp. of Mrs.Dash Garlic and Herb
1 Tbsp. of Mrs.Dash Onion and Herb
¼ cup Frozen Spinach
About ¼ cup of Chicken broth
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Put the chicken in some water to boil, at the same time start cooking the noodles according to the package directions.
- Put the spinach in a microwave safe bowl with some water and heat until it is warm. Drain out the water.
- Mix half the Alfredo sauce, 1 cup of mozzarella, ricotta, spinach, Garlic and herb, Onion and herb, and chicken broth in a medium bowl.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked take it out of the water and shred it. You can cut it into cubes it you prefer it that way.
- Mix the chicken in with the ricotta mixture.
- In your baking dish start with a layer of noodles, then layer the ricotta chicken mixture and continue alternating until noodles are the top layer, spread the remaining of the Alfredo sauce on the noodles. Then spread the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- You can put tin foil on top if you would like, I did not and it still turned out great.
- Place in the oven for approximately 40 minutes. If you are making a bigger sized meal it will probably need 50-60 minutes. Cook until the cheese is bubbly and brown.
*Again my meal was a smaller 1 Qt. sized dish, apx. 9″x 5″ . Just enough for two. If you want to cook a larger meal use your best judgement on how much of the ingredients you want to use.